The fashion industry tends to change and evolve at an incredibly fast pace, with styles changing from season to season and even more frequently than that! This trend isn’t specific to adults – children’s fashions change even faster, with the latest fashion coming out every year.
New Trends in Kidswear Fashion
The kid’s fashion industry is constantly evolving, with new trends emerging every season. Here are some of the most popular ones we’re seeing for the upcoming season:
- Blue tones will be popping up in traditional spring prints like flowers and pineapples.
- Mixing oversized pieces with minis will be key this year, as seen in this piece from Nordstrom’s Fashion Week collection.
- Stripes, dots, polka dots – all of these prints have been seen on everything from dresses to shorts over the past few seasons!
- A colour that has exploded into popularity recently is lilac – it can now be found on clothing items such as sweaters and dresses for girls.
- Pastels seem to be an ongoing trend – they’re not going anywhere anytime soon! Not just your average baby pink or mint green either, but shades like lavender and rose gold too.
- Baby blue never seems to go out of style, so why would it now? Expect this colour in both sweaters and swimwear for boys or girls respectively.
- Solid white shirts are making a comeback, with ties at the bottom rather than collars.
- Geometric prints continue to grow in popularity – one of our favourite brands for high-quality designs is Gymboree! We’ve seen them using circles, triangles, squares and rectangles mixed on their latest line of tunics for girls aged 8-12 months old.
- Similarly, floral prints are also big right now! There’s nothing quite like a spring flower print dress to make you feel happy.
- One of the newest trends in 2020 is graphic T-shirts – this means you’ll see character images emblazoned across tops such as Spiderman and Mario Kart.
By following the top trends in kidswear fashion for 2022, you’ll be sure to be fashionable for the upcoming season!
Colour Trends for Kid’s Clothing
If you’re looking for the latest trends in kid’s clothing, you’ll want to know about the colours that are popular for the upcoming year. While black and white never go out of style, others come and go with the seasons. Here are some of the most popular colours for kid’s clothing in 2022:
Blue never goes out of style. It’s a traditional, yet modern, a shade that can look nice on any gender or clothing type. It is one colour that can be found in kid’s wardrobes all year round and they love this! And with ongoing trends coming in the fashion industry daily, this colour can easily be a safe bet!
Green is perfect for any age! Green has been a popular colour trend amongst women since last year, and it will probably be even more popular in 2022. This beautiful shade goes well with other bold patterns and also looks great on its own. So, if you’re looking to expand your child’s wardrobe, try adding a few pieces in different shades of green! They’re sure to love it!
Pink can be trendy or classic! It’s a popular colour amongst girls’ clothing in most places, so it will probably become even more common in 2022. Not only is pink a fun colour to wear, but it can also match well with many other colours when you’re styling your kid’s wardrobe.
Black can be found in many popular styles, such as basic shirts, pyjamas, t-shirts, jeans and even kid’s footwear. It’s not only a fun way to mix up your child’s style but it looks great on everyone! And when you combine black with other colours, it can look even better. It tends to work well with most colours since it makes them pop out more!
Print Trends for Kid’s Clothing
Prints are making a big comeback in the world of kid’s fashion. 2022 is all about bright colours and bold patterns. Florals, stripes, and polka dots are all popular choices. Also, don’t be afraid to mix and match different prints. Layering is also key for creating unique looks.
Stripes are always popular with kids. Combine it with another print and you have an instant outfit. And if your child likes animals, this is the perfect print choice for them! The stripe will go well with any animal pattern.
- Polka Dots
If you want something subtle but still fun, then polka dots are your best bet. You can mix and match these prints easily or wear them on their own for a simple look that’s still trendy!
- Black & White Mixes
Black and white mixes are perfect for any occasion because they never go out of style! For example, if your child wants to dress up like a pirate then choose black pants with a white top paired with a bandana around their head to make the costume more authentic!
There are so many different types of floral prints you can choose from. If your child is a girl, floral dresses are very feminine but still trendy. Also, it would match beautifully with flats or sandals. Boys could rock flower print shorts at summer camp or wear them as part of a Hawaiian-themed outfit for school spirit day. They’re easy to mix and match which makes getting dressed so much easier in the morning!
As we head into 2022, we can expect to see some bold new trends in kidswear. From bright colours to daring patterns, there will be plenty of options for fashion-forward kids. And with more families spending time at home, comfortable loungewear will also be popular. Whatever the trends may be, we can be sure that kids will continue to enjoy expressing their unique styles. With Kidslifeclothing, you can easily have all of these beautiful clothes for your kids. So, what are you waiting for? Get them now!
main photo: unsplash.com/Vanessa Serpas