Celery is a true wealth of vitamins and minerals. It can be added to salads, snacked on as a snack or taken in liquid form. Celery juice is not only healthy but also delicious.
The inconspicuous stalks of celery contain vitamin C, vitamins B1, B2, B3, B4 and B5, vitamins E and K, as well as magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, sodium and iron. Moreover, in 100 grams of the product there are only 14 kcal. Taking into account the low price, pleasant, fresh taste and the above nutritional qualities, celery juice has become one of the dietary hits of recent years.
How to prepare celery juice?
In stores we can buy ready-made celery juices. However, the best option is to squeeze the drink yourself from fresh celery stalks. Prepared just before consumption it contains the most vitamins and minerals.
The first option is to use a juicer. By passing the celery stalks through the juicer you will get a clear juice. The stalks can also be blended. In this case, the consistency of the cocktail is thicker and more slurry – not everyone likes this.
Before blending, wash the celery thoroughly. If you have bought young stalks, they do not need to be peeled. If the twigs are a bit woody, you can peel the top layer
Celery is a fantastic combination with apple, pineapple, citrus fruits and green fruits and vegetables. You can mix it with spinach, kiwi and even cucumber. Additional ingredients will improve the taste and will be an additional injection of vitamins and minerals.
Why should we drink celery juice?
- Celery juice can successfully replace one of our meals, such as a second breakfast.
- One of the main advantages of the drink is low calorie, which can contribute to weight loss.
- Another advantage of drinking celery juice is improvement in skin condition. In particular, people struggling with acne may be interested in it.
- The ingredients contained in celery have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, as well as cleansing properties.
- The pro-health benefits of regular drinking of celery juice include: lowering blood pressure, lowering cholesterol levels, improving kidney and intestinal function.
- Celery juice has an anti-cancer effect.
- The high content of magnesium allows to effectively reduce stress.
- Thanks to the diuretic properties of celery we also get rid of excess water from the body.
- It improves libido.
- Celery speeds up metabolism.
Contraindications celery juice
Due to the high content of oxalates, celery juice should be avoided by people with kidney disease and a tendency to kidney stones. The juice is also not recommended for people taking diuretic drugs.
Celery juice is a product that can be allergenic. It is not recommended for allergy sufferers and people prone to food allergies. The contraindication for drinking celery juice is also pregnancy and breastfeeding. In particular, it should be avoided during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Recipes for celery juice
- Green cocktail for strengthening – put 4 stalks of celery (medium size), 1 sizable apple, 1 orange, 3 cm of fresh ginger root (peeled), 1 tablespoon of honey into a blender or juicer.
- Tomato and celery juice – put 2 peeled tomatoes, 3 celery stalks, a few drops of lemon juice, cayenne pepper to taste, a pinch of salt into a blender.
- Triple green smoothie – put 3 stalks of celery, 2 kiwi, 1 fresh cucumber in a blender or juicer.
- Celeryand avocado smoothie – a very nutritious and filling option. Put ½ avocado, 3 stalks of celery and a few drops of lemon or lime in the blender.
Main photo: Michael Burrows/pexels.com